Thursday, August 30, 2012

Banana Pancakes

Have any of you out there ever had that song that you can’t stop listening to over and over again and gets stuck in your head for days at a time? Well I’m currently in the process of one such phase. In fact, it’s not even just one song that I can’t seem to get away from. What has captured my current attention actually consists of two musical artists that I tend to think go hand in hand with each other. Their names are John Mayer and Jack Johnson, both being great guitarists and phenomenal singing.
    I first heard John Mayer on the radio when I was still in early elementary school with songs such as “Daughters” and “Waitin’ on the World to Change” which addressed being a good father, or parent in general, and different problems in the world respectively. His songs had a very blues-like feel with slower jazzy guitar parts and somewhat scarce on lyrics. However the song that I’ve been listening to the most by him is much more happy and upbeat with a much different feel to it than some of his other work. The song entitled “Your Body is a Wonderland” is precisely the song by Mayer that I’m referring to, talking about how he loves spending time with this girls in certain ways (I’ll let you look it up and find out what that means on your own).
    While the song I mentioned before has been stuck in my head for days on end, there’s one other song that has taken a much firmer hold over my mind for the past week or so. Jack Johnson’s “Banana Pancakes” is currently my favorite song and perhaps one of my all time favorites. This song has a really good guitar part with a pretty simple strumming pattern with only his voice as an accompaniment. But the best thing about this song is that it is the most chill song EVER! The entire song is about staying home, sleeping in, relaxing at home and spending the entire day with the one that you really care about. One of my favorite parts of the lyrics are the bridge: “The telephone is singing, ringing, it’s too early, don’t pick it up, we got everything we need right here and everything we need is enough, just so easy when the whole world fits inside of your arms do we really need to pay attention to the alarm, wake up slow.”
    I really like these lyrics because it says that all they need are each other and since that’s all they really need why worry? If you’re a guitar player like me I highly recommend you to learn this song, especially if you have a special someone to sing it to. It’s pretty easy and really romantic if in the right setting.
Word Count: 422

No comments:

Post a Comment