Sunday, January 6, 2013

Total Domination

Lately, I've been expanding my horizons on some of the games I play, incorporating more genres into my repertoires. The latest game I've stumbled upon is one that I started playing at a friend's house. It's called Cilization V and has a very interesting dynamic to it. The basis of the game is founded upon choosing a civilization from time, ranging from the Iriqois to Napoleon to Caesar, and competing with other civilizations to claim territory, resources, and advance technologically and culturally. You may also form alliances or declare war upon other nations as well as other lesser powers randomly generated known as city-states. You can trade gold, resources, technology or even whole cities to gain influence and status with other nations. Because of these aspects, there are four ways you can win; domination (destroying everything), scientific (research Apollo Program and build Spaceship), diplomatic (research Globalization technologies) and cultural (unlock and build Utopia Project).

No comments:

Post a Comment