Sunday, September 23, 2012

Love

A few weeks ago, the topic of love came to my attention. What exactly is it? What do you feel when you experience love? When I started thinking about this, my first thoughts went to one thing in particular: the Bible. Now those of you that know me probably know I'm not the most religious person, but I'd just like to say yes I do believe. I could go into way more depth on this situation, but I feel like it would be drifting off tangent to my original subject. A specific passage came to mind when I started thinking about this. It comes from 1Corinthians 13:4-7 and it goes something like this: "love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." This is how I define love and this is the true definition of love and is quite self-explanatory. This is the basis on almost every single healthy relationship. This is the reason why so many people in relationships make it all the way. This is why I've ended relationships in the past; they told me they loved me when I knew from that very moment it wasn't love. It was almost the exact opposite of everything these verses tell you about love. If you take away anything from this, please let it be that you should use this as a guide to your relationship. This is my favorite Bible verse and I hope it becomes one of your favorites as well.
WC: 230

No comments:

Post a Comment