Sunday, September 9, 2012

Running Free

If you haven't heard yet, there's a craze that's been sweeping the nation recently. Well...maybe not the nation, but at least my group of friends at high school. Have any of you out there heard of parkour? Well regardless of whether you have or not, I'm going to tell you what it is. The simplest way to put it is getting from Point A to Point B in the quickest way possible. If there's standard size, chain link fence, jump over it in one sitting. If there's a low wall, scale it by running up it, grabbing the ledge and hoisting yourself up. If there's an alleyway, push off the walls, alternating between the two until you reach the top. If there's...well, I think you get the general idea. A lot of my friends have started doing this and I just decided to start as well. Who knows, maybe I can use it if I'm ever being chased by a roving band of thieves in the heart of the Windy City. For now, though, it's just for fun and a good way to build strength and an excuse to get out of the house every once in a while.
WC: 199

No comments:

Post a Comment